Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Sacrifice of Praise

I had talked to a couple girlfriends recently about my struggle with postpartum depression after the birth of both my babies. It is amazing how powerful our hormones can be! Something that encouraged me greatly, and I hope encourages you in your "down" times, is that we can offer up a sacrifice of praise when feeling sad. I remember sitting on the couch singing this song holding Rhea. The song washed over me as I sang to the Lord. It is only in our trying times that it is a SACRIFICE to praise, right? I mean, what kind of sacrifice is it to praise the Lord when all is well?


This scripture puts into words beautifully what I am talking about: Hebrews 13:15 "Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name."



The key to joy in this life is to get the focus off ourselves and onto God or others. God receives glory when we praise Him in the storm. Try it out today!



p.s. here is another great one to sing!


No comments:

Post a Comment