Friday, August 14, 2009

Stay at home mom encouragement



"Thank God, O women, for the quietude of your home, and that you are queen in it. Men come at eventide to the home; but all day long you are there , beautifying it, sanctifying it, adorning it, blessing it. Better be there than wear a queen's coronet. Better be there than carry the purse of a princess. It may be a very humble home. There may be no carpet on the floor. There may be no pictures on the wall. There may be no silks in the wardrobe; but, by your faith in God, and your cheerful demeanor, you may garniture that place with more splendor than the upholsterer's hand ever kindled." ---Reverend T. DeWitt Talmage, D.D


For more "stay at home mom encouragement" be sure to check out THIS POST!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, I have to say one of my best friends made the comment today "every day is saturday for you" I was like WTH? Really hurt my feelings. Because i know how hard i work to be a good mom and wife...and my kids will be better off for me being home with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad it encouraged you Kristin! thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete