Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Living One Day at a Time


Does anyone else struggle with this? This is one of my "main" habits. I like to worry/contemplate about tomorrow when God clearly tells me that tomorrow is not promised and today has enough to work for us to concentrate on. I read this great quote by Theordore Roosevelt

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

I love it!

What I can: what CAN I do? What has God given me in my ability?

What I have: most people have SOMETHING they can give. Even if it is just our time. How do we use our precious time?

Where you are: STOP thinking about being somewhere else... someone else... God has put us exactly where He wants us and we would be wise to bloom where we are planted.

It is a must have for a happy life to take it one day at a time. His grace is sufficient for TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment