Friday, July 31, 2009

Loving My Man




If you have known me long enough you have heard me talk about my favorite book (after the bible of course). It is called: Created to be His Helpmeet. It has helped me greatly to know practical ways that I can bless and honor my husband and in that my God! Our Lord calls us to reverence and respect our husbands as unto to Him. We do it not for ourselves nor for our husbands, but for our Father in heaven.

My husband is what the book refers to as a command man. He is one hundred percent command man (the other two types are visionary and steady). He is an AWESOME leader, confident and constant. I loved being able to read about ways that MY husband best receives love and respect. Please read the rest of the article to find out about your husband. It will benefit your marriage greatly.

Why is it important for us to know our men? Because we are created to be helpers. We need to know how we can best help/serve our spouses. The woman was created for man, not man for woman. Once we get married it is important for us to ADAPT to our husbands the best we can so that we can fulfill our purpose. Once we seek to do this we will begin to see the fruit of it in our marriage.

It is much easier for a man to love his wife if she is submissive and encouraging. If we are nagging and stubborn we are asking for a cold, non-affectionate husband. 1 Peter 3 says that our husbands are to be obeyed no matter what (of course this does not include cases of abuse or if they are asking us to sin). It goes on to say that our husbands can be "won over" not by words (nagging, griping etc.) BUT by our actions.

Be encouraged ladies. God has a great marriage for you as you seek to be the wife He calls you to be. Not by the world's standards but by His!





No comments:

Post a Comment