Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reactions Define You


If you have been around me long enough you will have heard me say: "reactions define you." So true. Anyone can "keep their cool" when things are good. It's when there is poop on the walls, the littlest one won't stop crying and your two year old loves to say no to you that the real you in revealed.

I am not patient. God is working on me greatly to respond with gentle calmness in my voice no matter the circumstances. We should not let our surroundings decide how we are going to respond. Our responses flow from our heart. If we are in the Word and meditating on it day and night our response will be one of maturity and joy.

I am working on this when I am disciplining Rhea. I have to make sure she is not affecting me and I prove that with my tone of voice. Our tone says A LOT.

I found this quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment