Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Godly Mother Part 7

#7) A godly mother trusts the Lord with her children. A worldly mother trusts in herself.


To see a lovely picture of a mother who trusted the Lord I would like to look at 1 sam.1:26-28. In these verses we find Hannah, she said: “For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. Therefore I have lent him to the Lord. As long as he lives, he is lent to the Lord.”

Such a beautiful picture of how we should all be with our children. The Lord gave us our children just as He gave Samuel to Hannah. The bible says our children are gifts from Him. Can we like Hannah give our children back to the Lord? Entrusting Him with their lives, even their salvation? Can we say like Hannah:  my children belong to the Lord.?  This has been the most difficult area of mothering for me. I struggle trusting the Lord with my children more than any other thing I have to trust Him with…and my oldest is only 5 years old! Trust the Lord with your children's lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment