Monday, April 15, 2013

A Godly Mother Part 3


#3) A godly mother is hardworking. A worldly mother is lazy.

I am by nature a procrastinator. I have to fight this. I try to keep in mind that work is good for me! It was in the garden BEFORE the fall. It is not part of the curse. I always feel better when I have accomplished much and have been productive with my day as opposed to sitting around and “taking it easy”. I think God made us this way. He put in us a desire to have things in order and to work hard.

Listen to this verse that could describe a home of a woman who neglects it. Prov. 24:30-33 says: “I passed by the field of a sluggard, by the vineyard of a man lacking sense, and behold, it was all overgrown with thorns; the ground was covered with nettles, and its stone wall was broken down.” Hopefully no one feels like this when they “pass by” our homes. They shouldn't be overgrown with thorns, covered with nettles, cluttered and broken down. We need to tend to them and take care of them as unto the Lord. What does your vineyard look like?







Maybe you aren’t lazy…maybe you are too busy with other things and don't have enough time at home to keep up with the work. I really don’t think the Lord would have us involved in things that cause our vineyard to look overgrown and unkept... He calls us to be "keepers of the home" (Titus 2:5) not "keepers of many things". 

Something else to keep in mind in regards to all this is that we are to adapt to our husbands in this area too. Some of your husbands like the dishes done, or the bathrooms cleaned, the counters cleared off, or if they’re like my husband, they want all the hair ties all picked up J I try to clean my home with my husband's desires in mind. What does your husband desire? What is important to him? Be sure to make a special effort to do what pleases him first.

p.s. this was one of the most convicting lessons for me. I keep thinking about those verses and my vineyard being overgrown with thorns and I am motivated to clean... in fact I think I'll get to work right now! J

No comments:

Post a Comment