Monday, June 22, 2009

my favorite song!


This song rocks! wow. I listen to it over and over to get me in the right eternal frame of mind. If only I looked to the Lord for my beauty, strength, worth and rest. Help me Father to put my everything in You! Click here to see and hear!

Here are the lyrics:

The Housewive's Song
By Maron

Don't look for your beauty in the eyes of your children
Don't look for your beauty in the eyes of your man
Don't look for your beauty in the eyes of the world
Your beauty, you'll find it in the Lord

Don't look for your worth in your friendships
Don't look for your worth in your pay
Don't look for your worth in the things you do each day
Your worth, you'll find it in the Lord

Chorus
It's like a mirror looking in
When you find the strength to stand
It's not you, it's the Father inside
And when the storm clouds pass on through
And they're only raining on you
Run for cover, in the Father you can hide

Don't look for your strength in your coffee
Don't look for your strength in your routine
Don't look for your strength in your diet and exercise
Your strength, you'll find it in the Lord
Don't look for your rest in the glow of the television
Don't look for your rest on the telephone
Don't look for your rest in the shopping mall sister
Your rest, you'll find it in the Lord


The part that really got me going was: "Don't look for your strength in your coffee, don't look for strength in your routine..." What part "gets you" the most?

p.s. I HIGHLY recommend getting this off of i-tunes. You won't regret it. This girl's voice is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment