Saturday, May 18, 2013

Struggle #4-Control/worry/fear/security





Don’t all of these just stem from not trusting the Lord? In fact, I would say that all our struggles stem from a lack of trusting God in some way… don’t ya think? My friend Mary Studt said: "I've come to realize that security in some form is an issue in pretty much every woman and girl's life. It just looks different at different stages of life."

In Matthew 6:25 Jesus said: “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life…” easier said than done! What are some ways you ladies deal with worry? With a sense of anxiousness/lack of security? What are some of your fears?

Jesus also said in Matt. 11:28: "Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Now that’s a great promise ya all!

God knew we would struggle with this stuff ladies! His Word is packed with scriptures on worry, anxiety, fear and trusting Him!


Luke 12:25 says: “which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his  span of life?” I also like to say: “which of you by worrying do any good for the situation you are worrying about by worrying?”

Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it gets you no where.



I love this one: In John 14:27 Jesus said: “Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” Isn’t that precious? That blesses me to imagine my Lord saying that. I can picture my own dad saying something like that and it comforting me. Imagine the Lord saying it!!

How many things do you worry about that actually happen? God gives us grace but not for our imaginations. Trust Him. Even if "the worst" happens, He will be there

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear..." 2 Tim. 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment