Friday, August 15, 2014

Another Reason to Not do the Cry it out Method




I still have regrets from when Johnny was an infant (you can read why I am no longer babwise here: http://mrsscottlapierre.blogspot.com/2013/08/why-i-am-no-longer-babywise.html). I did "cry it out" with my first three babies but I really let Johnny cry it out.... for over an hour at a time... because he was inconvenient to me... yuck.

So thankful for the new freedom I have found in mothering my infants. I don't dread having babies like I did before because I no longer see them as an interruption/nuisance... I see them now as a baby that needs his/her mama and I am so thankful for breastfeeding! Breastfeeding is such a blessing not only for the baby but for the mama too! I love the comfort I can bring my little one now without feeling guilt or like I am ruining my baby... 

This link brought further confirmation that with my next baby I will not be letting them cry it out hours at a time (p.s. I do allow a little crying it out when I have fed them, burped them, changed them... done everything I can AT NIGHT... I often wear them during the day. I only had to do this like two times with Charis. And as I have said before, I never sleep with my babies). 

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/fussy-baby/science-says-excessive-crying-could-be-harmful

AS I HAVE SAID ON EACH OF MY BABY FEEDING POSTS, I POST FOR WOMEN WHO ARE IN THE POSITION I WAS IN: FEELING GUILTY FOR NURSING OR PICKING UP MY BABY WHEN THEY WERE CRYING. I AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE OR TRY TO CONVINCE WOMEN WHO LOVE BABYWISE TO STOP. I REMEMBER BEING AN AVID BABYWISE MAMA AND NOT LISTENING TO PEOPLE LIKE ME :)




No comments:

Post a Comment