Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Top 5 Benefits of Getting Rid of Stuff!





I have been in a major: "Get all this stuff out of my house!" mode. It has blessed my soul! :) Here are some of the ways I have benefited from simplifying my life:

1. I find I am cleaning less and less. The kids room is clean, there is less laundry, there is less stuff to put away, etc. Less stuff=less cleaning.

2. I have more time! The less things you have the more time you have to do other things. Things you like (like for me, blogging). Things you love. More time also means more time with the ones you love. My kids and husband get more of me because there is more to go around :)

3. Less stress! Stuff=stress. My house feels free-er. It feels... lighter. I enjoy being home more because there aren't so many things staring at me in the face saying: "Put me away. Clean me. Do something with me...."

4. My house feels bigger. It's easy to understand why getting rid of junk leads to feeling like you have more room. More room to move... to breathe.

5. My marriage is better. My husband hates, I mean HATES, clutter. It is a stresser for him and therefore for me too. Our marriage has benefited greatly from simply simplifying our lives. 


“By wisdom a house is built, & through understanding it is established.”
Proverbs 24:3

“The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.”

Proverbs 14:1

2 comments:

  1. How to throw away when...
    hubby is a "collector".
    I LOVE books and they seem to accummulate,
    you have teenagers collecting their own secretive whatevers... :-) {following in dad's footsteps}
    I pray for another blessing added to our family and cling to the baby stuff....

    Any advice??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta let hubby be the leader :) so don't get rid of stuff he wants. You might want to share your vision with him and the benefits of not having clutter. does that answer your question?

    ReplyDelete