Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Two Favorite Homemade Energy Drinks




First one: Sunshine. This one I have around 2 times a day almost every day. She is pictured above. Isn't she a beauty? :)
 

Sunshine's base (similar to trim healthy mama's good girl moonshine) is made of:

3 tbsp apple cider vinegar. (braggs of course! which I have found very decently priced here.)
2 juiced lemons
1-2 tsp powder ginger

5 drops of this awesome stuff.  
stevia to taste.
fill the jar with water and ice (sometimes I make a big pot of tea and add tea instead of water)

Now here's where I get crazy. Some times I add a combo of these different things (especially if I feel like I am coming down with something).

1/2 cup water kefir. You can buy water kefir grains here. Or I add 1/2 cup of kombucha. You can read about the benefits and differences of these two here.)

A sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
 

The last item I love to add is an emergen-c packet. Those things are bomb when you are trying to fight a cold. I get them off amazon as well.

Click on the things below to read about their benefits: 

Apple Cider Vinegar
Lemons
Ginger
Cayenne Pepper


Enter Energy Drink Number Two:

My warm energy drink is called "turmeric yummyness" (I STINK at naming things :)

First I have to make turmeric paste. (Read about some of the amazing benefits of turmeric here.)

I take a 1/4 cup of turmeric powder, mixed with 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 tsp pepper (pepper helps activate healing properties in turmeric). Stir all these ingredients in a pot over med-high heat until a paste forms. I keep my paste in the fridge in a small glass jar.

Take about 1-2 teaspoons of the paste (or as much as you can handle) and add it to 1-2 cups of almond milk, coconut milk (whatever kind of milk you like the most), sprinkle in pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger and stevia to taste. If you want you can add this to a cup of coffee and give your cup of joe a BIG health boost :)

Benefits of:
Cinnamon 
Black Pepper
Coffee

I also like this concoction iced (pictured above)!








1 comment: