Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas for Christians


What should Christmas look like for Christians? Very interesting topic. My husband and I have chosen not to do the tree, presents, lights, Santa... We feel they have nothing to do with Jesus. We have decided to give to those in need because Jesus said when we give to "the least of these" (Matt. 25:40) we give to Him and since it is supposedly His birthday we are celebrating we thought that would be a tangible way to give Him a present.

We go to gospelforasia.com. Please consider checking this out. How cool would it be to "shop" with your kids and tell them "this year we are going to spend a little money on Jesus. Let's pick out what we should buy."

Do share what your Christmas looks like. This is not a black and white subject with my husband and I. We truly don't judge other families for how they choose to celebrate Christmas. I am grateful however that we are on the same page. It would be stressful to want different things. I am looking forward to celebrating Christ on Christmas day just as I do everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment