Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Waiting for or Looking Back...


Have you ever noticed that so many (including myself at times) are not happy with their current "season"? We long for what was: college, high school, single days, days before kids etc. or they wait for: college graduation, high school graduation, to be married, to have kids... We are a difficult people to satisfy!

Oh the joys that come with contentment. With taking in and enjoying now. So hard. I believe it takes practice. If we practice discontentment we will become very good at it.

Right now I have a two year old and a 10 month old. I look forward to when they will be potty trained, to when I can communicate with them, to when they will sleep in, to when they will "help out" more... But my fear is that in the process of looking forward is I will miss what is.

Help me Lord, to enjoy today to it's fullest and to forget what is behind! Thank you for my beautiful children. For the sound of babies. For the curiosity of toddlers. What a joy to be a mom living in the present and taking hold of what You have for me TODAY!

1 comment:

  1. Katie...I just read your post. You are so right about living in the present. I have been struggling with this issue lately and actually wrote about it today on my blog. God is amazing and uses unconventional ways to speak to us. Thanks for you post...

    Amber Luis :)

    ReplyDelete